Greek Residency via Investment Program
Greece offers the most affordable residency-through-investment scheme among the EU countries. Investors and their family members can receive their residency permit after investing €250,000 into residential or commercial property.
- - Lowest investment amount required
- - VISA-free entry to all Schengen countries
- - Unique and cost-effective property investments
- - No physical stay obligation
- - Fast immigration process (within 2 months)
- - Access to free higher education
- - The purchased property can be rented out.
Third country nationals (e.g. not EU citizens) can apply for the resident status in Greece through investment into residential or commercial property with a minimum value of €250,000. The status is renewable every 5 years, as long as the property ownership exists. For one property investment the investor’s spouse, children under 21 and parents can also receive the permit.
The following qualifications and rules are required for the application:
- - Investment of €250,000 in real estate
- - Proper legalization of each document
- - Applications can be submitted in Greece or at a Greek Consulate
- - Comprehensive health insurance policy
- - Clean criminal record
- - Family members can also be included.
OWNERSHIP OR RENTAL OF PROPERTY
The requested amount of investment is 250,000 euros. In addition to direct ownership of the property, the following opetions are also available:
- - lease of hotel accommodation
- - furnished tourist residences
- - time-sharing agreements for at least ten years.
- - Adult children of the PRP applicant between 18 and 24 years old (provided they are students)
However, the amount of investment “must have been paid in full upon the signing of the contract to be eligible to start the immigration process under the program.
Greece recognises the civil unions so that same-sex couples can apply for the permanent resident status under a single investment and immigration process.