Monaco is the playground of the wealthy and its capital Monte Carlo is the guarantee that luxury exists on Earth. The most beautiful yachts, the newest sport and the oldest luxury cars on the street, with people wearing the last fashion of Paris, Milano and London, this the real face of an average day in Monaco.
Gays and other members of the LGBT community are welcome because they are eligible to enjoy the luxurious lifestyle of the Mediterranean Principality of Monaco.
According to an online salary information site, the average monthly net salary in Monaco is 5,225 euros. Meanwhile, the rental fee of a three bedroom apartment in Monte Carlo's centre is breathtakingly high 15,833 euros according to Numbeo. If you are interested in buying a residential real estate in Monte Carlo, perhaps it will be useful to know that the price of one square meter is only between 44-56,000 euros. The thisismoney.com published a recent post on global property prices, and they state that Monaco is the most expensive jurisdiction for real estate investment, where one million US dollars is enough for only 17 square meters.
Top ten reasons to live in Monaco
The Principality of Monaco is a tax haven or let's say a low-tax jurisdiction. Residents of Monaco do not pay tax on their worldwide income.
2. Monaco is one of the safest countries in the world.
3. The real estate market. Monte Carlo and whole Monaco is loaded with sophisticated luxury real estates. The market is so intensive that its Odeon Tower was named as the "hottest place to live".
4. Nature. Monaco is located between the French and the Italian Rivera. Arriving in Monaco by car is a lifetime experience as the road goes through iconic cities as Nice, Cannes, Saint Tropez or Portofino.
5. Business: Monaco is an international financial and trade centre, where some of the most influential European and foreigner businessmen live and work. The Principality is only a short drive far from the Nice Cote D'Azur Airport.
6. Climate: The Principality enjoys mild winters and beautiful, long Mediterranean summers.
7. Education: Monaco has an excellent education system with French and English schools. The International University of Monaco is a highly respected institute.
8. Healthcare: the residents of Monaco can afford the best equipped public and private hospitals and clinics.
9. Sports: Monaco has perhaps the most remarkable Formula 1 race, which went through the streets of Monte Carlo. The Principality is also home of the International Association of Athletics and has a mainly successful soccer team.
10. Culture is incomparable because the little nation has its opera, theatres, philharmonic orchestra and the world-famous "Casino de Monte Carlo".
It's impressive that the microstate with such advantages and cultural offers covers only an area of just two sq km! If you would like to understand how cosmopolitan and welcoming is Monaco, it is enough to mention that the locals, known as "Monégasques", are a minority in their Principality, making up less than 25% of the resident population of 37,800. The rest of the residents are mainly French, Italian and English citizens.
Read more about residence in Monaco here!